This recipe for Jarrah Honey Ham & Pumpkin Rosettes or Jarrah Honey Ham & Pumpkin Roses is a variation on the traditional and unique dish from Italy. A delicate, warm and cheesy pasta filled with slices of Australian Jarrah Honey Ham off the Bone from the NEW D’Orsogna Brothers range is too good to pass up and happens to deliver big time flavour!
The NEW D’Orsogna Brothers full range is available nationwide at Woolworths.
4 large (size) pasta sheets, ready-made
12 slices D’Orsogna Brothers Australian Jarrah Honey Ham off the Bone – thick cut
4 slices provolone cheese, quartered
4 silverbeet leaves, stem removed
1 cup roasted pumpkin
1 ½ cup cream
1T of honey from Two Busy Bees Honey
1 cup boiling water
½ cup parmesan, grated
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 230ºC. Layer 3 slices of ham on each lasagne sheet through the center and top with 4 slices of cheese, then a silverbeet leaf. Roll up and slice each roll into thirds and each third in half (6 sliced rolls total for each pasta sheet). Set aside.
2. To make the sauce combine pumpkin, cream, hot water and nutmeg in a bowl and blend with a stick blender until smooth. Season.
3. Pour half the sauce onto your baking dish and spread evenly. Fill the dish with rosettes.
4. Top the rosettes with remaining pumpkin sauce and parmesan.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden and bubbling. The sauce will reduce and thicken. Serve and spoon sauce over, top with chopped parsley.
For more on the quality hams, bacon and continental Craft Meats by D’Orsogna, click here.