- 2 large (150g) free-range eggs
- 150g vegetable oil
- 150g Two Busy Bees 'Ginger Honey'
- All five pieces of Buderim Naked Ginger from your 'Ginger Honey' (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 160g sifted self-raising flour
- 1 ripe banana – mashed well
- 2 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Steps to make:
Pre-heat the oven to 170C and grease and line a 1ltr loaf tin
Place the oil, ginger honey, chopped ginger pieces and eggs into a large bowl and beat together well. Mash the banana with the golden syrup and yoghurt and add to the liquid and beat in, then sift in the dry ingredients and beat together well until you have a pale brown liquid batter
Pour into your greased loaf tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the cake is risen and golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean
The moment it comes out of the oven, brush a little runny honey over the top, then leave to cool in the tin for 10 mins before turning out onto a wire wrack to cool completely. Because it’s an oil cake with no sugar it will drop but this is supposed to happen and you’ll end up with a gloriously fudgy cake that, eaten warm, is a beautiful thing.
This delicious recipe is courtesy of 'Belle Kitchen'