Honey Sweet Recipes
Salted Brown Sugar & Honey Fudge
Sweet and Salty Brown Sugar and Honey Fudge! A unique and delicious homemade treat. This recipe comes from one of my favourite baking blogs (Baker by Nature) and is totally worth the effort of using a candy thermometer!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt, divided
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan combine the sugars, honey, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and vanilla bean. Place pan over medium heat and whisk until sugars are dissolved. Place a candy thermometer in the pan, and cook the mixture - stirring occasionally - until the temperature registers at 240 degrees (F). Remove pan from heat. Add the butter, stir until completely melted, then leave the mixture to stand - with the thermometer still in - until it's cooled to 120 degrees (F).
- Pour the fudge into a parchment paper lined baking pan (I used an 8x8 square cake pan), sprinkle with remaining sea salt, and let set for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator. Cut into tiny squares and serve, or store in an airtight container. Fudge will last up to 7 days.